Freelance Writing Jobs – Get Paid to Write Reviews and Articles Online
Summary: Are you looking for freelance writing jobs? In this guide I’ll explain what is freelance writing and how to start freelance writing? Try writing for revenue sharing websites. There are a number of websites that are looking for freelance writers and provide freelance writing jobs. If this is something that interest you and if you can write good, quality and informative articles, you can make extra money by doing freelance writing jobs from home.
Today, more and more people are looking for online jobs. However, is that easy to earn real income like that ? Sadly, it’s not! The fact is there are many online jobs, but to earn much money as you wish, you have to own many skills and gradually accumulate the experience.
Some of the online jobs, such as data entry or online survey jobs, are simple and don’t require specific skills, but their tasks are very boring and you hardly get any precious experience even when you work for long time.
Revenue Sharing Sites
Today, I want to show you an online job type, that meets the requirements: simple concept while still high potential and can give you good experience for freelance writing jobs. That is, writing for revenue sharing websites.
Basically, there are sites that allow people to write articles for them, and if your articles are good enough, readers will appreciate them by clicking the ads, or purchasing the goods through your recommended links. If so, the websites will pay you a part of revenue. That’s why they are called sharing revenue sites.
These sites usually are covering many topics, so you can base on your knowledge to decide what topics you can write about. For example, if you are English teacher, you can write articles about How to learn English efficiently; Top 10 tips to develop vocabulary; Key to speak English like native speakers, etc. Or if you master in dog training field, you can think of the articles like: Top 5-10 ways to tamed your dog; How to make your dog eat at right place; etc
Thus, you can see that the favorite style to get notice in sharing revenue sites is informational articles like how-tos, guides, tips, tricks, Top 5-10-15-20 (people tend to like big lists). Articles like those are not hard to write, you just need to choose a topic you like or have knowledge, do some research, note down the main ideas, and start writing.
Please view a short video to understand more about this job type:
Here are some pros and cons of this online job type:
Pros of Freelance Writing Jobs:
- Cost you nothing to start. Signing up to these sites are usually free, and also very simple. What you need to prepare is a computer, reliable Internet connection and knowledge in your mind. Below I will list some famous sharing sites for you to start.
- Next thing is that you are flexible in work place and time. This is also advantage of most online jobs, except specific ones like virtual assistant, in which you sometimes have to depend on the requirements of employers. Writing for sharing revenue sites is totally free and up to you. You can work at home, or at a cafe bar, you can do it right now, or move to next day, it’s not a problem.
- Sharpen your skills and knowledge. This is obvious, since when you write more, your writing skill will be improved, and through data research, your knowledge will be consolidated and enriched.
- Help you to form the basic ideas about making money online. This will be good in next future when you want to take part in more advanced online jobs, such as affiliate marketing, or blogging, etc.
- Lastly, this job can help you to generate passive income. Your articles, after completing and optimizing, will be available on the Internet for long time. Thus, from this moment on, you can have income without directly doing anything.
Cons of Freelance Writing Jobs:
- One of the first things you have to deal with when do in this job is that you have to learn many new skills and knowledge, especially SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and keyword research. These two are very essential if you want to compete with other articles, since as you may know, there are many people writing for sites like you, so you have to do keyword research and put them to articles reasonably, so your articles can have high ranking when people search for that keyword.
- This job type is not boring as data entry or taking survey, and has higher potential, but it also needs you to be patient. It’s impossible that you are millionaire in one night by doing this job, but if you keep trying, finally you will find yourself the formula to be successful.
How to Start Freelance Writing Job?
I have listed below some sites for you to start with freelance writing jobs:
- InfoBarel (earn income via Google Adsense, Chitika, Amazon ads)
- HubPages (Adsense, Kontera, eBay and Amazon)
- Bukisa (Adsense and Chitika)
- Xomba (Adsense)
- Snipsly (Adsense)
What I’ve missed?
Hope that my post can help you something to find your suitable online job. If not, you can check out my post about online jobs for teens, college students and stay at home moms here.
Check out below links for other legit online jobs:
- What Can I Sell to Make Money?
- Affiliate Marketing
- Make Money Blogging
- Online Tutoring Jobs
- Virtual Assistant Jobs
Any comments and tips on freelance writing, please share with us for greater good by leaving a comment in the form below. Thank you.